I was walking at Orchard Road last Sunday and I found a student almost dye because of an accident. The student was texting on his mobile phone and he unconciously unable to evade the bicycle which was ringing the bell at all time far behind him.
"WHERE IS YOUR EYE!?" said the student sarcastically to the bicycle rider.Surprisingly, I found that the bicycler was a reporter who wanted to have a survey on the street.
"Is that a habit of Singaporeans? No apologetic, No concern about others?" I think it is still fine for some not to look to the left or right when walking along or crossing the street, especially when they are among other pedestrian. I, however, was very concern about the people hearing music or sending text messages in the street so that they are like being hypnotized and being in their on world. Not only disturbing the others, but they are also putting their life in peril. Just for example like the story about the student and the bicycler that I have mentioned above. In addition, the RAC foundation, a British non-profit organisation, found that
sending messages and driving simultaneously reduced reaction time by 35 per cent. It used a driving simulator in its study.
Surprisingly, a test conducted by a Sunday Times team on 60 people spotted on the streets found that 30 of them were sending messages on their mobile phones and the other 30 were seen listening to music.Like the story that have been mentioned above, I think it is very dangerous to walk on the street without paying attention to situation around you. maybe you say that everybody has eyes and even the drivers or the riders also has eyes and brain so that they can evade me instead of me evading them. I, however, are very concern if you are really saying something like that. That means that you are really unaltruism and very stupidly self-centered. How if they just do not want to evade and just crush you? You are the only one who will get the consequences.
It is a fact that Singaporeans are among the highest text-messaging users in the world. The reason of it is because they are bored to the situation around them. So, to make things more unboring, they send messages or listening to musics. I also found it correct that musics can make people unbored. So in some marathon races, the use of portable audio devices is allowed. In addition, many jobs requiring alertness, such as security firms, do not impose a ban on headphones. Mr Patrick Wong, assistant managing director for Top Guard Security Agency, said that while his firm does not ban earphones during work, it is not encouraged.As a youngster, I also support those statement as it will be very boring day if you do a boring job without doing anything else. I even sometimes use an earphone and listen to music when I was studying. All in all, I conclude that listening music is okay but you just need to know where you are and know your responsibility. Instead of the possibilty of being 100% silent to ambient noise, I still support the habit listening to music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment